Modern, easy-to-use & versatile hardware sequencer
Realtime record your performance with a midi controller, the built-in midi keyboard or the smartpads, with full polyphony and resolution, to fully capture your inspiration.
Create rhythms and melodies with the improved step-by-step sequencer, without limitations. Generate groovy patterns. Draw CC and effects automations.
Assign + FX
Chain MIDI effects to each of the 64 polyphonic tracks. Assign the touchpad, encoders & analog inputs to CC messages and effects parameters.
Mute/unmute your 64 tracks on the fly and build your live. Edit in a flash track parameters (length, time signature, zoom, channel...)
Launch your sequences in sync. Arrange and link your sequences (group of muted/unmuted tracks) to create a complete, structured song.
Whether you're a studio musician making music from scratch, a live performer looking for a complete solution to manage your set, or a keyboardist who wants a powerful tool to get the best from your instrument, Pyramid provides you with a radical new workflow and almost unlimited possibilities. It will become your ultimate studio centerpiece.
Pyramid is an instant source of inspiration, to start, finish & perform your song!
Pyramid is designed to be the perfect brain for your musical setup, from studio to stage. It brings together a powerful sequencer software, a midi editor, a pattern generator, an effect processor, a controler, an input/output interface and a synchronisation/router box.
Pyramid does not produce sounds. Instead, we have focused our energies on creating an innovative and complete sequencing solution full of tools.
Connect and control a large range of electronic instruments straight out of the box. Pyramid includes two midi outputs to connect your hardware instruments: analog and digital synthesizers, drum machines, effects... You can also use the USB midi out to control your virtual instruments on your computer, and the USB midi in to slave Pyramid with your DAW.
Pyramid embeds a DIN sync output (configurable to Sync48, Sync24,...) that lets you synchronise your vintage instruments.
For modular synth lovers, Pyramid can be a complete sequencing solution thanks to the full CV/Gate + CV "ENV" interface.
With Pyramid's high precision clock, the sequencer becomes a great synchronisation tool for both vintage and recent devices. Your instruments will always keep in time: Pyramid is the heartbeat of your studio.
You can also use Pyramid sequencer as a rock-solid interface box for your MIDI / USB MIDI / CV GATE / DIN SYNC setup: separate clock and midi IN to the two built-in MIDI outputs, filter clock/start stop/cc/pitch/aftertouch/note messages, route midi IN to USB midi OUT, convert CV/Gate IN to USB midi OUT, convert midi IN to CV/Gate output and add effects, convert midi IN clock to analog DIN sync... Even if you use a DAW as your primary sequencer, Pyramid will become an indispensable Swiss knife!
The graphic display makes Pyramid fun and easy to use. Everything you need to know is spotlighted.
And if you want to go further on, just press the "display" button.
We are taking care to avoid menu diving. Most of the features doesn't even need to navigate the screen, as the 35 lit pads show you all basic information. Pyramid workflow helps you to gain time, make music with ears & fingers, and facilitate experimentation. You will never go back to computer to make music!
Pyramid includes 5 clickable encoders and wide touchpad.
You can easily assign any of these controls to an effect parameter or a MIDI CC message by pressing the "assign" button, and recording the automations. Even the two CV analog inputs can be assigned – it's up to your imagination!
Discover Squarp dynamic MIDI effects
Pyramid integrates state-of-the-art real-time MIDI effects. On each track you can stack 4 powerful effect engines – including quantization, swing, randomizer, humanizer, harmonizer, arpeggiator... and many more to come.
The FX manager makes it very simple to set and remove an effect, or to change its place in the chain. You can use the assignable interface to control effects parameters of different tracks: perfect for live performances as well as studio composition.
PyraOs real-time processing unleashes your creativity
Pyramid runs with a full real-time operating system, which means that you can control any parameters on the fly and listen to the changes immediately.
Never stop anything. Change the length of a track, the MIDI channel, the quantization grid, the swing percentage, the arpeggiator rate, the delay on/off... in a flash and go experi-mental! Everything is at your fingertips.
Pyramid offers one algorithmic euclidean sequencer engine per track, auto generating uncommon and rich rhythmic patterns.
Almost all traditional rhythms from across the world can be generated with this tool.
Change the number of total steps, the number of filled steps, the step width, rotate the pattern, all of this on the fly. The displayed euclidean circle helps you to visualize the pattern.
Pyramid is fully polyrhythmic. This means that you can set different and unusual time signatures on each track, to create shifted-beat sequences.
Polyrhythmic constructions will bring new flavours to your productions.
You can set a track with a 4/4 standard signature, and for the other tracks 5/4, 6/8, 15/8... The direct access button enables you to change the left and right numbers without limitation. It's an incredible and easy way to add complexity to your songs.
To go further in experimentation, add or remove steps to your measure to create polymetric tracks and irrational rhythms: program lively, ever-changing and lengthy sequences!
Save and share
You can save everything on the SD card, and even import and export standard midi files between Pyramid and your software sequencer.
A midi controller, too
To use Pyramid as a versatile controller for your favorite virtual instruments, just plug in the USB cable.
Robust & compact
Assembled in our workshop, the housing is made of aluminium. As robust as the inside.
Pyramid will come with regular OS updates to constantly improve the user experience and add new features.
- Live mode: improvise and record notes and automations with the transposable keys, the touchpad or with an external controller on one of the 64 track. Use the smartpads to play chord progressions, scales and repeated notes. Use the Hold & Relatch tools. The maximum track length is 384 bars.
- Step mode: create and arrange rhythms and melodies with the full-real-time step-by-step sequencer on one of the 64 tracks. A step can contain multiple notes, CC MIDI messages or an effect automation. Zoom to surgically edit the track with the piano roll view and the automation view. Use the euclidean graphic sequencer to easily create outstanding rhythms.
- Track mode: set, manage and control up to 64 tracks. Mute/unmute tracks on the fly, change in real-time the resolution, the length, the time signature, the midi channel. Build your sequences (a set of the 64 muted/unmuted tracks).
- Seq mode: launch your sequences (tracks mute state) on the fly or link them to each other to create a complete song.
- Effect manager: combine up to 4 real-time MIDI effects per track.
- Assign manager: link an effect parameter or a CC message to the touchpad X/Y axis, the analog inputs or any of the five encoders at your disposal.
- MIDI in (to control Pyramid with a MIDI controller)
- MIDI out (x2)
- DYN sync out (available on the MIDI out B)
- CV+GATE in (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- CV+GATE out (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- CV ENV out (assignable CV, e.g. to sequence filters) (jack 3.5mm) [0 to 5V]
- PEDAL in (stereo jack 6.35)
- Plug and play mini USB MIDI in & out
- SD card slot to save an unlimited number of projects and upgrade the OS.
- 35 backlit silicon button pads
- Menu clickable encoder to control everything
- 5 assignable clickable encoders
- Assignable touchpad
- White backlit LCD graphical screen
- Mini USB bus powered (power supply included)
- Kensington security lock
- 206x268x44mm aluminium housing
Pyramid is engineered in Paris, manufactured and assembled in France.